Sunday 1 October 2023

LESSONS FROM THE TEACHINGS OF MY GRANDMA


Hello kingdom minded and Success driven teens and kids. In my previous publication, I informed you that I will share with you some of the lessons I learnt from the life of my late grandma, Late Mrs. Nnabugwu Asije Ihuomakaliwu whose sojourn on earth ended on June 30, 2022 and was buried on September 30, 2022.

In case you missed that post, kindly click this link to access it: https://onesquarebell.blogspot.com/2023/10/grandma-you-may-be-gone-physically-but.html?m=1

I present to you my esteemed Kingdom minded teens and kids some of the lessons I received from my Grandma based on some of her teachings. I will be doing this from time to time. Truth is, there is a lot to share with you from the God endowed huge wealth of knowledge deposited in my Grandma, which she was so generous to share with me.

As promised above, I will be presenting below some of the lessons from my Grandma. To do this I will be using as much as possible a paragraph to represent each lesson. This is intended to ease the process of learning the lessons, and to ensure that interest is sustained. The approach is also adopted in other to ensure step by step assimilation process, increased understanding and application or use of the lessons as well.

Read, enjoy and note the lessons.

Put God first in all that you do. Always remember that He is your Heavenly Father, the creator. He wants nothing but the best for you. Seek Him first before taking any step and try as much as possible to do what He wills.

Never look down on yourself. Yes, your claim that you might not be the best, or might not be opportune like some of your mates may be right, but factually, you are the best of your own version.

There is no other you on this planet earth. No matter what it is that you might seem to lack, your major preoccupation always should be how best to identify, utilize or deploy that which the loving Heavenly Father has deposited in you - your in-born, nature endowed potentials.

Always remember that life is a journey, and everyone has a lane to travel on. Stick to your lane. Learn regularly from every of the challenges that confront you, and ensure that your capacity is enhanced and that you indeed improve with each challenge. Celebrate each of your breakthroughs, even if they tell you your result is little. Then strive to out perform your previous result by achieving the next target in line. In all these and at no stage or time should you envy or look down on anybody.

Grow and build your confidence with amazingly gratifying behaviours, discipline and the pursuit of functional and competency based learning, and remain focused and committed to your goals/objectives always, but be careful not to overstep the boundary between confidence and arrogance. 
 
Be firm when fighting for what is right and in your insistence that the right thing should be done, don't insult others.

Don't give in or allow anyone to suppress you, and don't also suppress anybody or other people. Speak out when it matters, but maintain your cool. Know the border line between speaking out, concentrating on the issue and discussing the individual or person in an issue. The issue is your focus, concentrate on it consistently, don't be distracted.

Bear in mind always that people are entitled to their own opinion. The views expressed by them should be respected, even when they run counter or contrary to yours.

Learn to defeat ideas with superior ideas or reasoning. Listen carefully and pay attention when people speak. Strive consistently to understand their views.Go beyond the words people speak to also observe their none spoken words, the body language. Matching the two in most cases reveals a gap if and where it exists.

It is equally fundamental that whenever you set out to canvass your opinion or view on any issue that you do so based on facts. Bear in mind also that clear understanding of context in any issue and at every point in time is a major factor in balancing differences.

Considering the facts and placing them side-by-side with the context, helps immensely to enrich your content, and to advance or project your course. Experience reveals that presentations and contributions conducted in this manner, builds confidence, increases trust and reliance, in addition to promoting and maintaining decorum during interactions.

I hope you have learnt from the lessons of my Grandma. However, I must tell you out rightly that my core reason for sharing these lessons is for you to be "impacted". This does not happen if you stop at learning the lessons. Action is required - Do, apply or practice the lessons.

I chose to share these noble lessons today instead of yesterday that marked her 365 days of interment. I consider the lessons I learnt from my late Grandma a worthy gift to YOU on a day my country Nigeria is celebrating her 63 independence Anniversary. 

I will not forget to tell you that My Grandma died at the age of 101.

Join me as I remember a great disciple of God, teacher and lover of teens and kids. I equally charge you to make out time to celebrate and put a smile on the faces of your Grandparents. They may or may not be your biological Grandparents, but other elderly people around you.

Spend time with them, ask questions. They are a storehouse of knowledge, you can call them a library if you wish. Spending time with them, asking them questions and very important also, writing or jotting down key lessons of the encounters can equip you with knowledge that can give you an edge in the things you do, I mean Globally. 

Change your thinking, honour and respect the Elderly as the senior citizens they are. That's my take..

Before signing off, let me leave you with something to chew and ponder on, the popular saying: 

"With the death of a black man, a library is closed." 

Thus before the next library closes: your grandpa, grandma or any of the Senior citizens close to you, I urge you my esteemed kingdom minded, success driven teens and kids to do something, take action .

I understand you've been missing me on Radio...

Anchor/Host

Nnabugwu Chinazaekpere

No comments: